VOLUNTARY REGISTRATION OF NONPUBLIC NURSERY SCHOOLS AND KINDERGARTENS
- As used in this Part, school means a nonpublic nursery school or kindergarten organized for the purpose of educating a group or groups of six or more children less than seven years of age, under the supervision of qualified teachers, providing an adequate program of learning activities and maintaining good standards of health and safety.
- A school shall be registered by the department upon the submission of satisfactory evidence that it meets the standards set forth in this Part and receives approval after onsite visitation. Registration shall be valid for a period of five years, subject to revocation for cause.
- Department staff shall conduct annual visits to schools within the following categories:
- schools with registration certificates that will expire during the year
- schools operated by new applicants, including schools operated by new owners pursuant to section 125.10(a)(3) of this Part;
- schools located in newly constructed or renovated sites; and
- schools that require onsite technical assistance to alleviate regulatory non-compliance issues.
Useful Links for internet based learning resources:
There are some great resources online for pre-school children, in Universities, colleges, media companies and broadcasters. However one of the main problems with accessing them is that they are quite often restricted to specific locations. This is particularly the case if the content contains any licensed material which can only be distributed under specific conditions. However there are methods to access this content by hiding your real location and bypassing the blocks, for reference some of these resources are listed below.
Official Home of CBBC – Children’s BBC
The BBC has been a forerunner in supplying educational material online through it’s award winning websites. Most of the content is split into the appropriate age groups making it very easy to use as classroom material.
UK Television Portal – British TV Online
There are many UK based TV channels which broadcast the majority of their content online. From the national broadcaster the BBC, Channels 4 and 5 and ITV to name but a few. Most of them have significant amounts of educational material and much of is very high quality. The private companies do include some advertising between the programmes but this is minimal and often of little relevance outside the UK.
BBC Access – BBC iPlayer Proxy
The BBC is the national broadcaster of the UK, funded entirely by a license fee levied on all citizens who own a TV set. It has one of the most watched internet sites in the world and includes the world famous BBC iPlayer which re-broadcasts the majority of the channels programmes. There are no adverts included in any of the programmes apart from a few self-promotional clips.
Not just TV but there are many great internet resources on YouTube which are restricted to a German IP address. This video explains how to use a German proxy to access them.
The entertainment giant is of course, well known for providing literally thousands of films, shows and documentaries. Much of this is fantastic for younger viewers and toddlers, however there is a catch. Although Netflix is available in quite a few countries, the amount of content varies hugely depending on where you are. The best one by far is available in the US, but you can access from anywhere by disguising your location. The best VPN Netflix shows you how to stream directly from the US version irrespective of where your account is located.